- Full-day tour of central Switzerland, including Stanserhorn, from Zurich
- See Lake Lucerne and visit the Old Town landmarks of Lucerne
- Ride an antique wooden rail car aboard the funicular railway in Stans
- Take the CabriO—the first open-top aerial cable car in the world—up Mt Stanserhorn
- Relax on a public train ride from Stans to Lucerne
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The departure point for all tours from Zürich is Sihlquai Coach Parking (Bus Terminal), close to Zürich’s main train station (HB). Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival in Lucerne, embark on a short panoramic drive with your knowledgeable guide; see impressive monuments like Chapel Bridge and the Lion Monument and gain fascinating insight into the city’s rich historical heritage.
Then take a scenic journey to Stans, home to a recently restored 19th-century funicular railway. Experience an enchanting ride through flowering meadows and swooping valleys and disembark at the train station to explore the region independently.
On your guide’s recommendation, conquer your fear and climb aboard the CabriO, an open-top aerial cable car that affords stunning views of the surrounding Alpine panorama. Ascend to the lofty summit of Mount Stanserhorn and relish staggering views as you climb to a height of 6,230 feet (1,900 meters).
Scour the horizon for 10 lakes and more than 62 miles (100 km) of Swiss Alps mountain range before taking a short hike to Marmot Park, an idyllic nature reserve in which animals thrive in their natural environment. Opt to enjoy a unique dining experience in the mountaintop’s rotating restaurant (own expense) and then return to Stans to meet your guide.
Take the train back to Lucerne and, after enjoying some additional free time in the charming city, board your return coach to Zurich.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note: During the tour, a guide will be with you from Zurich to Stans railway station, and again upon return from Lucerne to Zurich. For the rest of the time, you'll be on your own and you'll receive all vouchers, timetables and detailed information sheets needed.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands