6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Buddhist temple complex of Borobudur is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most important historic monuments in Java. This bike tour offers a unique way to visit Borobudur and explore the surrounding countryside. After marveling at the magnificent 9th-century temples, enjoy a scenic bike ride around the rural villages and rice paddies, with stunning views of the Merapi and Sumbing volcanoes.
- Guided tour of the UNESCO-listed Borobudur temples
- Spectacular views of Borobudur as you cycle through the countryside
- Experience traditional Javanese life as you visit local villages
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your Yogyakarta hotel
Saved to wishlist!
A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
Use of a well-maintained bicycle during the tour, complete with helmet
All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
All taxes and service fees included
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Hotel accommodation in Yogyakarta
Supplements for transfers outside Yogyakarta and customers from any harbour
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally downtown Yogyakarta.. Transfers outside these areas, including the Borobudur and Prambanan regions, and Yogyakarta’s International Airportare excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in downtown Yogyakarta. Transfers outside these areas, including the Borobudur and Prambanan regions, and Yogyakarta’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- Customers booking this leisurely bicycle tour may expect some light hills, unequal terrain and/or some bike carrying along the way.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimal degree of fitness may be needed to enjoy this excursion to the fullest. This bicycle tour is a recreational one and includes various stops.
- It is recommendable to provide your height for proper bike size at time of the booking.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is only operated in the morning.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cycling the Borobudur Trails?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Cycling the Borobudur Trails?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cycling the Borobudur Trails?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cycling the Borobudur Trails?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsMountain Bike ToursExtremeHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingYogyakarta4WD Tours - Central JavaSporting Events - Central JavaMountain Bike Tours - Central JavaExtreme - Central JavaHistorical Tours - Central JavaHalf-day Tours - Central JavaCategory