4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore our promoted experiences
The “becak” pedal-powered rickshaw is a Yogyakarta icon, but their drivers are some of Indonesia’s toughest negotiators. Let your guide arrange everything—hotel transfers, itinerary, and prices—on this half-day tour of Kota Gede, once capital of the kingdom of Mataram. See an ancient mosque, traditional bakers, a local market, silver stores, royal tombs, and a traditional Javanese “joglo” home, all with your guide on hand.
- Explore the historic Kota Gede district by “becak” rickshaw
- Learn about the history of the ancient Mataram kingdom from your guide
- Experience local life at markets, bakers, and artisan silver stores
- Take it easy with 2-way door-to-door motorized transfers from your hotel
Saved to wishlist!
A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
Use of Becak for half a day with driver
Drinking water, tea, coffee and snack en route
Javanese dress rental at the Royal Cemetery
All taxes and service fees included
All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement
Single supplement charges for single travelers, where applicable
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing outside general area
Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Jakarta hotels. Transfer outside these areas,supplements apply.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in downtown Yogyakarta. Transfers outside these areas, including the Borobudur and Prambanan regions, and Yogyakarta’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power. Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code
- It is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions. This tour is only operated in the morning
- This tour only is operational during the opening of the Royal Cemetery (closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays). As this is an essential part of the tour, we regret that we cannot offer a suitable alternative during these days. Revised operational programs may take place during the Holy month of Ramadan
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Touring Kota Gede by Becak?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Touring Kota Gede by Becak?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Touring Kota Gede by Becak?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Touring Kota Gede by Becak?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
What is the maximum group size during Touring Kota Gede by Becak?
This activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Touring Kota Gede by Becak.
See all safety measures taken by Touring Kota Gede by Becak.
Product code: 8084P441
Explore Similar Things to Do
Tuk Tuk Tours Historical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingYogyakartaTuk Tuk Tours - Central JavaHistorical Tours - Central JavaHalf-day Tours - Central JavaCategory