1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the thrill of flying a helicopter with this private flight lesson, just a short drive from New York City. With this beginner-friendly experience that's perfect for aviation enthusiasts, you start with a lesson covering safety protocols and flying techniques. Then hop aboard your Robinson helicopter and take to the skies. With the help of your instructor, you'll whisk into the air to enjoy the bird's-eye views, and even take the controls and fly yourself.
- Aviation fans can fly a helicopter with a private flight, from White Plains
- Learn the basics on the ground with a lesson, and practice flying yourself
- Admire the views of the Atlantic coast, Hudson River, and Big Apple skyline
- Get a top value with lesson, pilot, and Robinson R44 Raven II ride included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This flight lesson is a hands-on alternative to a helicopter tour over New York City.
Saved to wishlist!
Airport fee $25 per person
Departure & Return
67 Tower Rd , 67 Tower Rd, West Harrison, NY 10604, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
Ross Aviation West hangar
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Flight lessons depart from Westchester County Airport in White Plains, a relaxed crowd-free location just outside NYC easily accessed by public transit (Metro-North rail from Grand Central Terminal) or car (free parking).
- Convenient roundtrip transfers are available from anywhere in Manhattan for additional fee (if option selected).
- Federal regulations do not permit flight lessons in New York City airspace therefore they stay over the Westchester area, Hudson Valley or Connecticut. Routes are subject to change based on weather, air traffic control and temporary flight restrictions.
- English proficiency is required for flight lessons. Flight lessons begin with ground instruction then students do approximately 75% of the flying using dual controls, under flight instructor supervision.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Price based on Robinson R44 helicopter.
- Maximum weight 250 lbs (113 kg) per passenger and 500 lbs (226 kg) combined in R44 helicopter.
- Flights should be booked for the first days of your New York visit, in case of schedule changes due to bad weather or helicopter maintenance.
- Children younger than 2 years may ride on their parent’s lap at no cost.
- Minimum age 14 years.
- Under 18 requires parental or guardian consent.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones are not allowed on helicopter flights.
- Wings Air Helicopters LLC assumes no liability for any services (ground transportation, photography, catering, hotel, etc.) arranged on client’s behalf with third parties.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Wings Air Helicopters
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Helicopter Flight Lesson from Westchester?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Helicopter Flight Lesson from Westchester?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Helicopter Flight Lesson from Westchester?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Helicopter Flight Lesson from Westchester?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Helicopter Flight Lesson from Westchester
60 to 90 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Helicopter ToursFull-day ToursAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingWestchester CountyHelicopter Tours - New YorkFull-day Tours - New YorkCategory