- 2.5-hour guided tour of Wellington's highlights
- Discover Wellington's rolling hills, rugged scenic bays and iconic architectural landmarks
- Don't miss out on must-see attractions including the famous Beehive and parliament buildings, and Old St Paul's Cathedral
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the city from Mt Victoria
- Optional cable car ride (own expense)
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Wellington Cruise Port Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
See other local landmarks such as Old St Paul’s Cathedral, a fine example of Gothic Revival architecture, and stroll the Lady Norwood Rose Garden whose air is perfumed by thousands of colorful blooms.
You’re driven to the summit of Mt Victoria to view Wellington from above. Enjoy a panorama that includes Wellington Harbour, a blue bay nestled within the southern tip of New Zealand's North Island.
If you’d like, take an iconic trip on the charming Wellington Cable Car (own expense), riding from Lambton Quay in the city center to the Botanic Garden in the hilltop suburb of Kelburn. Your tour ends with a drive around the city’s scenic inlets en route to your cruise ship at the Wellington port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Wellington port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Cruise ship tours were more expensive and had less time." See review