4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Combine a tour of Wellington and the Lord of the Rings locations during this half-day excursion from Wellington port. Follow your guide, a LOTR specialist, to locations including the Weta Workshop, the LOTR filming and post-production facilities, and Mt. Victoria. Entrance fees and round-trip transportation from Wellington port provided. This small-group tour, limited to 15 people or fewer, ensures an intimate experience.
- Cover Wellington city and the Lord of the Rings filming locations in a half day
- LOTR expert guide
- See Mt. Victoria and the LOTR facilities, including Weta Workshop
- Port pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Port pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Wellington Cruise Port
Address: 1 Hinemoa St, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Directions: Meeting Instructions - Wellington Lord of the Rings 1/2 Day
Your cruise ship will come into Port Wellington. Once you disembark you will follow the gangways. The buses will be departing from outside there. Please look for a "Rover Rings" mini bus. Please get there around 8:00am for an 8:15am departure.
Please be aware that your ship may be docked in a restricted wharf area and you may be required to get a (free) shuttle ticket to the central iSite before you disembark. If that is the case, then take the shuttle ticket but do not board the shuttle. Continue with the instructions we have given you and look for the "Rover Rings"
Dates: See Availability
Return point: Returns to original departure point
- CentrePort Wellington, 2 Fryatt Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Small group limited to 9 people
- Regular departures are at 8.15am, however if your cruise arrives later there may be an afternoon departure at 1.15pm. For those arriving later, your pickup time will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Wellington Lord of the Rings City Tour with Small Group
2 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 20 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursCity ToursPorts of Call ToursMovie ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingWellingtonShore Excursions - North IslandBus Tours - North IslandCity Tours - North IslandPorts of Call Tours - North IslandMovie Tours - North IslandArt Tours - North IslandHalf-day Tours - North IslandShore Excursions - PictonBus Tours - PictonCity Tours - PictonPorts of Call Tours - PictonMovie Tours - PictonArt Tours - PictonHalf-day Tours - PictonShore Excursions - Tongariro National ParkBus Tours - Tongariro National ParkCity Tours - Tongariro National ParkPorts of Call Tours - Tongariro National ParkMovie Tours - Tongariro National ParkArt Tours - Tongariro National ParkHalf-day Tours - Tongariro National ParkCategory