3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
After a catamaran cruise across Lake Wanaka to Mou Waho Island—which sits in the middle of the lake—spot rare native birds that are extinct on mainland New Zealand. Thanks to successful conservation efforts, the island is a rare haven for birdlife. Enjoy a guided hike with an expert guide to a lake at the top of the island, an experience that’s rated one of the best must-do activities in Wanaka.
- See rare birds that you won’t be able to see elsewhere
- Cruise, hike, see amazing views, and spot rare birds all on one trip
- Learn about the history of this special island from expert local guides
- Park fees and morning tea are included
Saved to wishlist!
Cruise and guided Island walk
All taxes, fees and handling charges
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Department of Conservation Park fees
Coffee and/or Tea
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Wana Jet , 100 Ardmore Street, Wanaka 9305, New ZealandThis activity will end right where it started.
At the lake front directly across the road from the iSite.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum of 2 adult bookings to run
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- An average level of fitness is required for the walk
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cruise Lake Wanaka Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mou Waho Island Cruise and Nature Walk from Wanaka?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Mou Waho Island Cruise and Nature Walk from Wanaka?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mou Waho Island Cruise and Nature Walk from Wanaka?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mou Waho Island Cruise and Nature Walk from Wanaka?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 56970P3
Compare Similar Experiences
Mou Waho Island Cruise and Nature Walk from Wanaka
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Catamaran Cruises Nature and WildlifeEco ToursDay CruisesWater ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingWanakaCatamaran Cruises - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandEco Tours - South IslandDay Cruises - South IslandWater Tours - South IslandWalking Tours - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandCatamaran Cruises - QueenstownNature and Wildlife - QueenstownEco Tours - QueenstownDay Cruises - QueenstownWater Tours - QueenstownWalking Tours - QueenstownHalf-day Tours - QueenstownCatamaran Cruises - AkaroaNature and Wildlife - AkaroaEco Tours - AkaroaDay Cruises - AkaroaWater Tours - AkaroaWalking Tours - AkaroaHalf-day Tours - AkaroaCategory