Explore our promoted experiences
- 2-hour private walking tour of Cannaregio and Jewish Ghetto in Venice
- Enjoy plenty of personalized attention with a private guide
- Learn about how the Jewish Ghetto in the Cannaregio was the very first
- Walk through one of the most populous districts in Venice
Departure & Return
Find your tour guide in St. Marcuola Square, near the vaporetto stop.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Walk through the narrow alleys and canalside streets in the Cannaregio, seeing some of this sestiere's historic monuments as you go. Hear about the Jewish Ghetto that was built in this neighborhood, which was the original Jewish Ghetto.
The word 'ghetto' comes from a word in the Venetian dialect meaning 'foundry,' and it was in this sestiere that a foundry once stood. Visit the synagogues that remain in the Cannaregio.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Jewish synagogue tour is available in English or Italian language ONLY.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Destination Venice
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas