- Day trip to Kings Canyon from Ayers Rock
- Explore the Kings Creek cattle and camel station
- Enjoy lunch at Kings Canyon Resort (own expense)
- See stunning views of Kings Canyon in the heart of Watarrka National Park
- Take a guided tour of either the Rim Walk or the Creek Bed Walk with an expert guide
- Visit the Garden of Eden oasis
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Continue on to Watarrka National Park, home to Kings Canyon. Learn about the history of the massive red sandstone gorge from your guide, including its sacred meaning to the indigenous Ulpinyali and Lilla people.
Immerse yourself in the natural wonder with the choice of two walks. On the 3.5-mile (6-km) Rim Walk, make a strenuous elevation gain of 330 feet (100 meters) up a cliff to the canyon’s edge for thrilling views to the valley floor below. You’ll also follow a steep trail down into the canyon to a leafy, spring-fed oasis nicknamed the Garden of Eden. Or, opt for the more leisurely Creek Bed Walk that runs 1 mile (2 km) along the valley floor and offers a ground-level perspective of the towering canyon walls.
After your walk, recharge with lunch (own expense) and a swim at the nearby Kings Canyon Resort, and then relax and rest your muscles on the scenic return drive to Ayers Rock Resort.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to steep and uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy walking shoes
- A minimum of 3 litres of water is required for those participating in the 6km Rim Walk. The supplier will provide water, you just need to bring your own water bottles!
- Infants must sit on laps
- While this tour isn't suitable for guests travelling in a wheelchair due to the nature of the walks involved, guests in a wheelchair are welcome on our tours provided they are accompanied by an able-bodied companion and do not require assistance from the supplier to embark and disembark the vehicle.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, comfortable protective clothing, warm layers in cooler months
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 58 travelers
- OPERATED BY AAT Kings
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Wear a hat, appropriate walking clothes, comfortable, sturdy enclosed shoes and a camel bak if you have one carrying 3 x 1 litre bottles just adds weight to your bag and not as easy to drink from." See review