- Morning tour with sunrise at Kata Tjuta and walk in Valley of the Winds
- Visit spectacular lookout points in Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park
- Enjoy the sublime colors of sunrise over Kata Tjuta
- Snack on a light breakfast while watching the sun rise
- Take a guided walk in Valley of the Winds for a closer look at sacred Kata Tjuta
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call the operator. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
|Monday - Sunday:||04:00 AM - 06:00 AM|
What To Expect
Arrive at Kata Tjuta in time to catch the sunrise over the 36 domes while eating a light breakfast. Your guide fills you in on their geological origins and the reasons they are sacred to the Anangu people. Snap photos of the sun coming up over the red sandstone formations from the vantage point of the western dune viewing area. Set off on a guided walk through the Valley of the Winds, stopping at Karu lookout and—if you're up for the challenge--Karingana lookout for panoramic views. For a more leisurely hike, opt for a walk between the towering domes. Use the time to ask your guide any questions about this ancient and sacred area.
Return to your accommodations by midday, which leaves the afternoon free for other activities.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, and the Australian desert can be quite cool in the early morning. Please dress appropriately
- A considerable amount of walking is involved, please ensure appropriate footwear is warn
- You will be required to bring your own water bottles, which altogether are able to hold a minimum capacity of 2 litres per person (these can be filled with water on board the coach).
- National Park Pass is free of charge to December 31 2020 and $25 per person thereafter
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY AAT Kings
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Kata Tjuta Sunrise and Valley of the Winds Half-Day Trip.
- "Early start with a stop to enjoy the Uluru and Kata Tjuta sunrise." See review
- "I highly recommend this tour and if your lucky enough to have these boys as your guides you’ll be laughing all the way up and through the majestic Kata Tjutas!" See review
- "It is definitely a grade 4 walk and Valley of Winds is windy!!!" See review