- Private sunrise hiking excursion to the summit of Mt. Batur
- Enjoy spectacular sunrise views from the top of Indonesia's most active volcano
- See the molten lava inside Mt. Batur's crater and breakfast on eggs cooked using naturally occurring steam
- Relax in nearby hot springs and visit a specialty coffee plantation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Ubud or Denpasar are included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
The host will pick you up at your accommodation or central meeting point in Bali. Please mention your contact details and after the time of booking your host will contact you regarding the preferred pick-up point. Please note that the time you will be picked up from your accommodation may differ slightly from the meeting time you select. Your host will be in touch with you to specify what time they will need to pick you up to be at the starting point by 3:30 am
- Bali Ngurah Rai Airport, Denpasar Indonesia
- Padang Bai Port, Bali 80871, Indonesia
What To Expect
Under the atmospheric cloak of darkness, begin your ascent of the 2,296-foot (700-meter) volcano and, on reaching the top, gasp at spectacular views of Bali’s natural landscapes. As the golden glow of the sun bathes your surroundings in light, revitalize with a breakfast of bananas and eggs cooked using hot steam emanating from the volcano.
After marveling at the lava-filled crater, begin your descent and then head to some local hot springs to soothe aching muscles. On the way back to your Ubud or Denpasar hotel, stop at a specialty coffee plantation to sample luwak coffee — the world’s most expensive variety of coffee — before drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Withlocals
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Bali Active Volcano Sunrise Trekking.