- See the glow worms and beautiful rock formations on this tour from Te Anau
- Enjoy a return cruise trip on Lake Te Anau
- Friendly and informative guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please be sure to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Upon arrival at the Cavern House, listen an interesting talk about the life cycle of the glowworm as well as the history of the caves. Your guide leads you on an exploration of the caves by footpath and small punt along the rushing underground river.
Observe water-sculpted rock formations and drift into the glowworm grotto to marvel at the mysterious sight of thousands of tiny glowworms. Learn what feats of nature create the incandescence in the silent darkness.
Afterward, you’re returned by boat across the lake to Te Anau.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 72 travelers
- OPERATED BY Real Journeys
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Te Anau Glow Worm Caves Tour.