Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park and see the beauty of Milford Sound on this full-day tour from Te Anau
- See stunning waterfalls and the famous Mirror Lakes
- View Mitre Peak, located at the pinnacle of the sound, which sits at 5,550 feet above sea level.
- Experience The Chasm on a short but impressive walk over footbridges and see a series of powerful, swirling waterfalls, and rapids
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
En route to the fiord, your driver-guide motors past the ancient beech forest of the Eglington Valley, pausing at the Mirror Lakes for a leg stretch and photo op. Continuing on through the Upper Hollyford Valley, you’ll be mesmerized by Christie Falls before entering the Homer Tunnel, drilled through the solid mountain rock.
Brace yourself for the grandeur of the Cleddau Valley, where you’ll follow a footbridge over the Cleddau River to the Chasm to view the river’s turbulent whirlpools before descending into Milford Sound.
From your cruise boat, indulge in the splendor of your surroundings as you glide past waterfalls that splash down vertical, glacier-carved rock walls. Hear commentary about natural wonders such as the postcard-perfect Mitre Peak, which rises 5,551 feet (1,692 meters) from the water. Don’t miss the wildlife such as New Zealand fur seals, bottlenose dolphins, and the rare Fiordland penguin.
Gourmet buffet lunch is included on board the cruise, before you re-board your coach for the return journey to Te Anau.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY GreatSights
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Milford Sound Full-Day Tour from Te Anau.
- "Given that lunch wasn't available till 2pm I'd recommend bringing your own lunch." See review
- "Get on this tour from Te Anau rather than Queenstown" See review
- "The hotel rooms are cheaper than Queenstown, the drive to Milford Sound is almost 2 hours shorter than the Queenstown, and there's a range of shops, restaurants, and activities to keep you occupied" See review