- Discover the beauty of Milford Sound on a full-day tour
- See local wildlife including the Fiordland crested penguin
- Take a sightseeing cruise on Milford Sound
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Stop first at Te Anau Downs and view the sheltered harbor, Bluegum Bay, which sits opposite the Middle Fiord, the starting point for the Milford Track. Then, take in views of the Earl and Livingston Mountains at Eglinton Valley.
Take a short stroll along a boardwalk at Mirror Lakes to see beech forest and wetland pools. The 45th South Parallel marks the halfway point between the equator and the South Pole.
Stop next at Cascade Creek, then the Hollyford Lookout, which overlooks the Hollyford Valley and Darren Mountains. Have the option to do the walk to Marian Cascade, which tumbles from Lake Marian before pulling into Gunn’s Camp for morning tea, followed by the historic museum and gift shop.
Get photo ops at Fall’s Creek and Monkey Creek, and if time allows, a quick walk leads to a point with views of the Gertrude Valley. Look for kea sightings at the east portal of the 4,166 foot (1,270 meter) long Homer Tunnel and pass through the scenic Cleddau Valley. During the last part of the journey to Milford Sound, take a short walk to The Chasm, rock formations that make up a 72-foot (22-meter) deep and narrow ravine cut by the Cleddau River.
Snap photos of Mt. Tutoko, the highest mountain in Fiordland, Tutoko Bridge, and Mt. Tutoko as a backdrop. Then arrive at the departure point for your cruise. Enjoy a cruise on Milford Sound, keeping an eye out for dolphins, seals, and the Fiordland crested penguin.
Your tour ends with return to your accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fiordland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "There were only 10 people on this tour so that made it even more enjoyable." See review