- Full-day cruise on Doubtful Sound in Fiordland National Park
- Cruise aboard a luxury catamaran
- Commentary from a naturalist guide
- Photo ops of pristine natural scenery
- Look out for several penguin species
Departure & Return
Please be sure to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure to check in.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
In Doubtful Sound, you will board our spacious catamaran for a cruise through the pristine fjord. During the cruise our knowledgeable and friendly nature guides will share with you their passion for the region through their commentary. They will answer questions, point out landmarks and provide you with information about the varied wildlife you may encounter like dolphins, fur seals and the rare Fiordland crested penguin.
What to bring: Non-slip shoes/boots, a waterproof jacket, a warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent and a camera.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, warm clothing, and a rain jacket or hat, as necessary
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note: During survey the Patea Explorer will be substituted with another vessel from the Real Journeys fleet
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 135 travelers
- OPERATED BY Real Journeys
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Doubtful Sound Wilderness Day Cruise from Manapouri.