- 1.5-hour SUP lesson, tour and rental, in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Have one hour with an expert guide to learn how to SUP and enjoy a guided tour
- Master the basics of how to SUP before setting out to explore the estuary of Pittwater
- Use the paddleboard independently for 30 minutes after the tour
- Learn about native Australian wildlife in the region
- Hear the history of Sydney's Aboriginal heritage and colonial times
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a customized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet your guide at the Ecotreasures paddle gazebo on western side of the Basin on the water. Walk across grass area of the Basin from the Wharf.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your guide provides a safety briefing and rental equipment for your lesson, then teaches you the basics on land at first. Learn to handle your board and paddle, then grab your board and head over to the calm waters to practice standing up and balancing on the water, then paddling and steering.
Put your new skills to work on a guided SUP tour around the gentle waters of Pittwater, which is protected from wind, boats and waves, making it an ideal place for easy paddleboarding. Your guide also shares informative commentary about ancient aboriginal sites nearby and the region's colonial history during your tour.
After a 1-hour lesson and tour, enjoy an extra 30 minutes to SUP on your own. Look for wild birds such as sea eagles, kookaburras and lyre birds, in addition to native animals like wallabies and monitor lizards (goannas); the Basin is known as one of the best places in Sydney to see native animals in their natural habitat.
When you return your gear after your 1.5-hour SUP experience ends, you may want to check out nearby picnic and barbecue facilities, and walking trails that lead to sites with indigenous rock engravings.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You cannot drive to the Basin Campground. You can either catch 20min ferry from Palm Beach or 2.75km bush walk from West head road along Basin trail 30-45mins.
- Please bring swimwear, sunscreen, hat and towel
- All participants must be able to swim 50 meters freestyle unassisted, float and tread water, if not you can wear life jacket
- All medical requirements must be declared to our staff once booking is confirmed.
- Please note pregnant participants are not permitted to join the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY EcoTreasures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park Stand Up Paddleboard Tour.