- Guided tour of St Petersburg’s Hermitage Museum including skip-the-line entry and summertime early admission
- Bypass the usually long entrance lines at the legendary Hermitage, one of the world’s greatest art museums
- Enjoy early access between May and September before the doors open to the general public
- See the best of the Western European art collection, including works by the Italian masters Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael
- Explore the lavish state rooms of the Winter Palace as a window into Russia’s imperial wealth
- Receive personal attention from a guide on a small-group tour limited to ten people
Departure & Return
Please be near the Alexander Column, facing the Winter Palace at the tour start time as indicated in your voucher. We allow 10 minutes maximum for customers' collection. You can stay on in the museum after the tour is over.
What To Expect
Along the way, hear how the Hermitage was established by Catherine the Great in 1764, when the empress purchased 255 precious artworks, the seeds of the museum’s now spectacular collection. In 1852, the Hermitage opened to the public, and is now one of the world’s biggest museums, with more than three million items.
Entrance lines can be long, so your skip-the-line ticket lets you bypass the wait lines and enjoy fast-track admission to the museum, alongside your guide. If you’re visiting between May and September, your ticket entitles you to early access to the museum, so you can head inside with your guide before the general public, and start exploring the displays in a crowd-free atmosphere. If you are traveling from October to April, enjoy a complimentary ticket to the Impressionists' Collection, instead.
Once inside, drink in the gilded chambers and hear how the museum extends across five buildings, including the Winter Palace, the home of Russia’s Tsars from 1760 onward.
Your tour ends when your guide departs. Then, either take your leave of the Hermitage or continue to explore its treasures independently — your ticket gives you all-day access to the museum.
Please note: While your skip-the-line ticket gives you early access to the Hermitage from May to September, the privilege is subject to the museum’s official approval.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes
- A maximum of 10 people per booking and 10 people in the group
- Special audio systems are provided for groups of 6+ pax
- We allow 10 minutes maximum for customers' collection. If you fail to be at the meeting point on time, your tour spot might be canceled with no refund
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The Hermitage Museum is an extremely busy museum. Please provide contact details in case we need to adjust the tour start time. It does not happen often and we try to avoid such situations as much as possible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Marina Wilson Private Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Getting a skip the line entry is highly recommended given the high number of tourists visiting the Hermitage, but getting a personal guided tour is even better." See review