- Take a walk on the Vatnajokull Glacier on a half-day tour
- Learn about glacial geology from your knowledgeable tour guide
- All necessary equipment included and no previous experience required
- A small group ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointSkaftafell, Skaftafell, Vatnajokull National Park, East Region
Departure Point: Arctic Adventures Booking Hut in Skaftafell National Park (next to the Visitor Center). Directions: Skaftafell is located just off of the main ring road, on road #998. Skaftafell is approximately 4.5-5 hours east of Reykjavik and 1.5 hours west of Höfn.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Difficulty level: Easy
- This tour departs from Arctic Adventures Booking Hut in Skaftafell (gray house with the turf roof). Skaftafell is located 327km (203 miles) from Reykjavík. The nearest towns to Skaftafell are Kirkjubæjarklaustur, 69km to the west and Höfn, 130km to the east.
- Minimum age of 8, and minimum shoe size of EUR 35.
- Iceland is known for colorful weather. It can sometimes show you all 4 seasons in one day. Dressing for this sort of weather can be a challenge so we always recommend to dress in layers.
- You will need sturdy hiking boots that fit crampons for the glacier hike. If you do not own a pair then we rent out good hiking boots as well as a waterproof clothing at our hut in Skaftafell for a small fee.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms