5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: Spanish
Take advantage of your layover with this guided tour of San Salvador. After being picked up at the airport, head to the city and visit the main attractions such as Iglesia El Rosario and the cathedral. Plus, stop by the Volcan de San Salvador to see the crater of an active volcano. Finish the tour with locally made pupusas (dough pockets typically stuffed with chopped pork, cheese, beans, zucchini, and other vegetables). Head back to the airport two hours before your flight.
- This easy comprehensive tour is ideal for first-time visitors to El Salvador
- This tour works well for those with time between connecting flights
- Keep in mind it typically takes about 45 minutes to check out of the airport
- Tour times are dependent on your flight times
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private vehicle
National Park fees
Food and drinks
The listed price does not include a per person visa tax, payable at the airport. The visa tax is required by our governing authority and is not within our control. ($10). Check with your airline if they have a tax as well.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We Pick Up at the Airport Comapala Interntional Airport is now known as Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport
- Comalapa Intl Airport, San Salvador El Salvador
10/20/2021 - 9/1/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||06:30 AM - 12:30 PM01:00 PM - 07:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- Visiting all places in the Itinerary depends upon time
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tours in El Salvador
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Airport Layover Private San Salvador City and Volcano Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Airport Layover Private San Salvador City and Volcano Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Airport Layover Private San Salvador City and Volcano Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Airport Layover Private San Salvador City and Volcano Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Airport Layover Private San Salvador City and Volcano Tour
5 to 6 hours
2 hours 40 minutes
3 hours 25 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursLayover Tours Half-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan SalvadorBus Tours - Puerto QuetzalCity Tours - Puerto QuetzalLayover Tours - Puerto QuetzalHalf-day Tours - Puerto QuetzalBus Tours - Guatemala CityCity Tours - Guatemala CityLayover Tours - Guatemala CityHalf-day Tours - Guatemala CityBus Tours - AntiguaCity Tours - AntiguaLayover Tours - AntiguaHalf-day Tours - AntiguaCategory
Monument to the Divine Savior of the World (Monumento al Divino Salvador del Mundo)El Zapote Barracks Military MuseumMonsenor Romero Center (Centro Monsenor Romero)Devil's Door (Puerta del Diablo)National Palace El Mozote MonumentMuseum of the Revolution (Museo de la Revolución Salvadorena)Lake Ilopango National Theatre of El Salvador (Teatro Nacional de San Salvador)Guajoyo RiverMetropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropología Dr. David J. Guzmán)Museum of the Word and Image (Museo de la Palabra y la Imagen)La Laguna Botanical Garden