8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover the must-see volcanoes of El Salvador on this guided hiking tour. Head out to Los Volcanes Complex National Park, which is a little over an hour from San Salvador, and journey up the highest volcano in El Salvador, the Santa Ana Volcano or Ilamatepec, with a 7,822-foot (2,384-meter) summit. The 4-hour round trip hike is suitable for most fitness levels but some may find it challenging. At the crater, catch views of Lake Coatepeque and the Izalco and Cerro Verde volcanoes, as well as the Pacific Ocean on clear days.
- Hiking Santa Ana is considered a must-do activity in El Salvador
- This tour is ideal for nature lovers and those interested in eco-tourism
- Avoid driving to the national park; transport by private vehicle included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from the San Salvador metropolitan area
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off in San Salvador metropolitan area
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up at hotels in the metropolitan area of San Salvador
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring?
- Comfortable Shoes
- Light Clothing
- Sweater or Jacket
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Eco Tours Petate
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour and Coatepeque Lake visit?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour and Coatepeque Lake visit?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour and Coatepeque Lake visit?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "It’s a vigorous hike to the top of the Santa Ana volcono but the views of the lake in the crater are spectacular." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour and Coatepeque Lake visit
2 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesSan SalvadorHiking - Puerto QuetzalHiking - Guatemala CityHiking - AntiguaCategory
Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)National Palace Devil's Door (Puerta del Diablo)Guajoyo RiverMonsenor Romero Center (Centro Monsenor Romero)National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropología Dr. David J. Guzmán)Museum of the Revolution (Museo de la Revolución Salvadorena)Monument to the Divine Savior of the World (Monumento al Divino Salvador del Mundo)Museum of the Word and Image (Museo de la Palabra y la Imagen)Lake Ilopango National Theatre of El Salvador (Teatro Nacional de San Salvador)El Mozote MonumentEl Zapote Barracks Military MuseumLa Laguna Botanical Garden