- Follow a guide on a leisurely bike ride over the Golden Gate Bridge
- Bicycle a mostly flat route along the San Francisco waterfront, including Aquatic Park Cove and Crissy Field
- Includes full-day bike and equipment rental
- Opt for an electric bike for an easier ride (own expense)
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Tour departs from our Fisherman's Wharf Tour Center at 2661 Taylor Street. All guests must arrive at least 45 minutes before tour departure time.
After the bike tour concludes in Sausalito, riders can utilize our Sausalito drop-off (additional cost), take their bike with them back on the ferry to San Francisco (additional cost), or ride back. Bikes due back by closing at 2661 Taylor Street (Fisherman's Wharf Tour Center).
What To Expect
Pedal past sights like Aquatic Park Cove, part of San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park, and enjoy views of Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge. Then continue past Fort Mason Center, a National Historic Landmark; Marina Green, where beautiful homes face the water; the Palace of Fine Arts, built for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition; and Crissy Field, part of Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
When you arrive at Fort Point, at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge, take advantage of a great photo op of the iconic red towers before crossing the bridge’s 1.7-mile (2.7-km) span, which ends at Vista Point, another panoramic viewpoint for photos of the bay and city skyline. Complete the last stretch of your bike tour into Sausalito, a small, upscale town known for its picturesque waterfront scenery.
From Sausalito, you will be on your own to continue exploring however you wish. Continue biking around the area, using your provided map to perhaps conquer the hills of the Marin Headlands or see more of San Francisco, such as the Presidio or Ocean Beach; refuel with food and drinks at one of Sausalito’s many restaurants (own expense); and return to the city at your leisure, either by biking back across the bridge or taking the ferry from Sausalito with your bike (ferry tickets are at your own expense).
Your bike tour includes full-day bike rental, so you can use your bike independently before and/or after your guided tour. Select a departure time for your tour when booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Credit card with ID (one per party) is required to be on file for a security deposit
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bay City Bike
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito Guided Bike Tour.