- 3-hour food tour of San Francisco’s vibrant Mission District
- Visit four local eateries to indulge in sweet and savory artisanal creations
- Learn about the neighborhood’s rich Latin history and its modern, trendy scene
- Hear stories of chefs, restaurant owners, and industry experts from your knowledgeable local guide
Departure & Return
Meet in front of The Women’s Building (3543 18th Street). The Women's Building is 4 blocks from the 16th Street BART station. For up to date information, how to get there and to verify your meeting location, visit our website: https://avitaltours.com/san-francisco/tour/mission-district-food-tour/
Tour concludes near Dolores Park with dessert.
What To Expect
Stroll past trendy boutiques and colorful murals. Listen to engaging commentary from your guide about the neighborhood's Latino culture and history.
Stop at four local eateries for a full meal, with two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert. Locations may include an artisanal cheese bar, authentic pupuseria, Tex-Mex local favorite, trendy taco bar, an artistic award-winning patisserie, deaf-owned pizzeria, plant-based Mexican restaurant, and one of the city’s most popular ice cream shops. Along the way, hear stories of the establishments’ owners, chefs, and bartenders to give you a behind-the-scenes perspective.
End your progressive meal near Dolores Park, where you're free to spend the evening walking and exploring the vibrant neighborhood on your own. This experience focuses on quality not quantity. Yes, you’ll leave satisfied, but you should taste and experience food in a new way – and this is about the quality and flavor! Great things come in small packages…
Please note: Tastings and locations are subject to change without notice.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 18 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for young children but babies in strollers can be accommodated
- Moderate amount of walking required -- tour is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) long
- Bring layers - San Francisco weather changes frequently
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Must be 21 to consume alcohol
- Locations visited are subject to change
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests must be vaccinated and show proof to participate in the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Avital Tours
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Curated 4-Course Mission District Culinary Experience.