- Admission ticket at California Academy of Sciences, one of the largest public ‘green’ buildings in the US
- Receive a reserved seat at Morrison Planetarium, one of the world's largest digital planetariums
- Gain express entry to the Rain Forests of the World exhibit
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people ensures an intimate experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On this insider-access tour, explore the museum from a science and research perspective. With your museum guide, learn about the institution's 160-year history and how its scientists are tackling critical questions about life on Earth. Visit the research collections and a working laboratory; get closer to the living roof; and see breathtaking geology specimens in the vault.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Great for guests 4+, and guests between the ages of 8 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum of 6 people per tour
- Wheelchair accessible; wheelchairs are available at Coat Check on a first-come, first-served basis
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY California Academy of Sciences
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by California Academy of Sciences Behind-the-Scenes VIP Tour.
- "Definitely worth the time and money to see the behind-the-scene collection!" See review