1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Once mined for sulphur, the active island volcano of White Island periodically erupts while constantly emitting a cloud of steam. You can see this extraordinary sight from the air and land on this combined helicopter flight and walking tour, which makes for a surreal experience.
Saved to wishlist!
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Lakefront Drive, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Rotorua City Lakefront
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Volcanic Air Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Mount Tarawera Volcanic Adventure by Helicopter?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mount Tarawera Volcanic Adventure by Helicopter?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Mount Tarawera Volcanic Adventure by Helicopter
2 hours 15 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Helicopter ToursNature and WildlifeAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingRotoruaHelicopter Tours - North IslandNature and Wildlife - North IslandHelicopter Tours - TaurangaNature and Wildlife - TaurangaHelicopter Tours - Tongariro National ParkNature and Wildlife - Tongariro National ParkCategory
Mt. Tarawera Tours & TicketsWaimangu Volcanic Valley Tours & TicketsVelocity Valley Tours & TicketsBlue Baths Tours & TicketsRedwoods Forest Whakarewarewa Tours & TicketsLady Knox Geyser Tours & TicketsLake Rotoiti Tours & TicketsAgrodome Tours & TicketsMaori Arts and Crafts Institute (Te Puia) Tours & TicketsHell's Gate Geothermal Park Tours & TicketsTe Puia Tours & TicketsLake Rotorua Tours & TicketsParadise Valley Springs Wildlife Park Tours & TicketsLake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) Tours & TicketsSulphur Point Tours & TicketsRotorua Museum (Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa) Tours & TicketsPolynesian Spa Tours & TicketsBuried Village of Te Wairoa Tours & TicketsRainbow Springs Nature Park Tours & TicketsLake Okareka Tours & Tickets