- Full-day Golden Circle tour from Reykjavik in a minibus
- Visit Thingvellir National Park and see the rift where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet
- View the age-old parliament site of Althing, where Iceland’s first assembly met
- Marvel at the Gullfoss waterfall, with its two tiers of thundering cascades
- Explore the Geysir geothermal region and see the Strokkur geyser, bubbling pools and vents
- Stop to admire the beautiful waterfall of Faxi
- Break for lunch (own expense) and enjoy complimentary refreshments and WiFi on board
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
On route, hear tales from your guide about the Golden Circle, and each site’s place in Icelandic history and folklore. Stay refreshed with complimentary on-board snacks and use the on-board WiFi as you wish.
Enter UNESCO-listed Thingvellir Park and observe the geological rift where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet. Gaze at the ridges of the two continents, and see Althing, site of the world’s first parliamentary gathering in 930 AD.
Stop to admire the two-tier falls of Gullfoss, whose name means ‘Golden Falls,’ and be sure to capture photos of the cascades as they plunge into a gorge.
Visit Geysir, an active geothermal area of bubbling springs and geysers. Walk around the pools and see the mighty Strokkur geyser erupt, shooting high into the air every few minutes.
Along the way, break for lunch (own expense) and make an additional stop at another natural treasure — the Faxi waterfall. Admire this picturesque fall and see the salmon ladder built beside it that allows salmon to journey upriver.
Your tour concludes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Your Day Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Highly recommend , oh and the small tours are far more luxurious than the big coaches!" See review
- "We had great weather too so got to see all the beautiful places with great photo opportunities." See review
- "The process feels effortless, you get a real sense the company pays attention to detail." See review