- Full-day Golden Circle and Fontana trip from Reykjavik, led by a professional guide
- Witness the rock-strewn landscapes of UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park
- See Thingvellir’s incredible geological rift and Althing, the site of Iceland’s first parliament in 930 AD
- Gaze at the breathtaking double-tier Gullfoss waterfall
- Stroll around the Geysir geothermal area and watch the Strokkur geyser erupt into the sky
- Relax in the steam pools and baths at Fontana and taste rye bread baked in hot springs
- Ideal for families and as a romantic experience for couples
Departure & Return
BSI Bus Terminal is at Vatnsmýrarvegur 10, 101 Reykjavík
What To Expect
Stop to take in the spectacular Gullfoss waterfall. This double-tier fall crashes 105 feet (32 meters) into a rock gorge, and begs to be captured on camera.
Head into the lunar-like landscapes of Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2004. View the geological rift where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet, and see Iceland’s age-old parliamentary site — the Althing. It was here in 930 AD that the country’s, and the world’s, first parliament assembled, and continued to convene until the late 18th century.
Visit the Geysir geothermal area, home to hot springs, streams and waterspouts. Stroll around the bubbling pools and watch the famous Strokkur geyser. This towering geyser shoots water high in the sky every six minutes or so, and makes an unforgettable sight.
Lastly, travel on to the Fontana spa and wellness center, where pools and steam baths have been built above natural hot springs beside Lake Laugarvatn. The original sauna was constructed in the 1920s and was orginally little more than a shack set above the springs.
Enjoy free time here for an optional bathe in the naturally heated pools and steam cabins. Alternatively, relax over a coffee (own expense) at the café or enjoy the lake views from the rooftop area.
Then, savor some traditional Icelandic rye bread slow-baked in the natural hot springs. Watch as the bread is dug from the ground, and sample a slice slathered in butter.
Later, return to Reykjavik where your tour ends at the start point; your hotel or the bus terminal.
Please note: guests are advised to bring swimwear and a towel for their visit to Fontana. Swimwear and towels can also be rented (own expense) on site.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Remember to bring a swimsuit and a towel. These items can also be rented on the spot.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reykjavik Excursions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms