- Full-day Snaefellsnes Peninsula trip by Super Jeep from Reykjavik
- View the Snaefellsnes volcano, featured in Jules Verne’s 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth'
- Admire cone-shaped Mt. Kirkjufell and the rock castle at Lóndrangar
- See waterfalls, seabird-filled cliffs, beaches, and towns like Stykkishólmur and Grundarfjörður
- Learn about the peninsula’s wildlife, geology, and cultural heritage
- Transport by air-conditioned Super Jeep, with wireless and hot drinks onboard
- Small group of six passengers or fewer
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Hear about this untouched peninsula, immortalized by Jules Verne in his novel, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, from your guide, and learn about its Viking heritage and folk tales, beloved by Iceland’s artists, writers, and musicians.
On arrival, enjoy a comprehensive tour of the peninsula’s scenic highlights, and quaint towns and villages. View Snæfellsjökull, the towering, snow-covered volcano on the peninsula’s tip. Take photos of the rock formations here, and watch for kittiwakes as your guide explains how Verne imagined the volcano’s crater as the entrance to the earth’s center.
Pause at Skarðsvík beach to admire its golden sands and cliffs, and drive through folklore-steeped Lóndrangar to see its basalt pinnacles that look like a seaside rock castle, and rugged cliffs frequented by puffins and fulmars.
Stop for photos at Búðir, where a tiny church stands picturesquely against Snæfellsjökull volcano, and visit the villages of Hellnar and Arnarstapi, tucked among basalt mountains and connected by a spectacular coastal road that winds past rock formations.
Keep your camera ready, too for the harbor town of Grundarfjörður, set beneath Mt. Kirkjufell, a stunning, cone-shaped mountain replete with waterfalls that’s one of Iceland’s prettiest spots.
You’ll also visit Stykkishólmur, one of Snæfellsjökull’s most charming towns, and known for its environmental sustainability. Admire the pastel-hued buildings, see the well-preserved traditional houses in the center, and take in the surrounding coastline, home to colonies of seabirds.
After a day’s exploring, return to Reykjavik where your trip ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions; if cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Try Iceland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms