- Walking tour of central Reykjavik, with entrance fees included
- See some of the city's important landmarks, such as Hallgrímskirkja Church, the Old Harbour, and the Harpa Concert Hall
- Learn about the history, culture, and geology of Iceland from your guide
- Get scenic views and great photo ops
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Make your first stop at the Hallgrímskirkja Church itself, where you climb to the top of the bell tower. Get out your camera to capture incredible views over the red rooftops of the city and Faxaflói Bay beyond. Get an introduction to the city while you catch your breath and enjoy the scenery.
Continue to Einar Jónsson's statue garden, where your guide delves into some of the myths and legends of the Norse gods. Walk through the lanes of Thingholt (Þingholt) toward Reykjavik City Pond. Feed ducks, geese, and swans that reside there, a small pocket of nature in the middle of the city.
Get a primer on Iceland's volcanology and geology as you contemplate the giant topographical map of the country outside the city hall. Walk past Reykjavik's cathedral, the parliament, and the site of the city's very first houses.
Stroll by the Old Harbour toward the Harpa Concert Hall. Stop at the Sólfar (Sun Voyagers) sculpture to admire views over the bay and Mt. Esja.
Your walking tour finishes in central Reykjavik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reykjavik Sightseeing
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Reykjavik City Walking Tour.