Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day Golden Circle trip from Reykjavik
- Visit all of Iceland's most famous attractions in one day
- Enjoy personalized attention and a flexible itinerary with a private guide
- Learn about Iceland's culture, history, ecology and environment
- Round-trip transportation from Reykjavik hotels or port
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
On the way out of Reykjavik, take Nesjavellir Road and stop in the Nesavellir geothermal region. The volcano here makes the area the warmest in the capital. Continue to Þhingvellir National Park, which includes the fault line between the American and Eurasian tectonic plates. The park is also home to the world's oldest democratic parliament and an ancient church.
Drive through the town of Laugarvatn on the way to visit the Strokkur geyser, which erupts every 6 to 8 minutes. Here, take a break for lunch or coffee (own expense) before proceeding to see the lovely waterfall called Gullfoss.
Stop at the Kerið crater, then visit the town of Hveragerði before continuing down to the Reykanes peninsula. Bring your swim suit for the visit to the famous Blue Lagoon, located near Grindavík. Take a dip in the bright blue geothermal waters, set against a dramatic backdrop of lava. Slather on some geothermal mud, rich in silica and minerals, to end your tour with a healthy glow.
Optional: a visit to Hafnarfjörður (additional price).
Your tour ends back in Reykjavik with hotel or port drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good hiking shoes are recommended
- In winter it is not recommended to walk near the waterfalls due to weather hazards
- Please bring swimwear for the Blue Lagoon.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Mercury Grail
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.