- Private day trip to Jökulsárlón, Europe's largest glacier
- Learn about the ecology, history and geology of the area from your private guide
- Visit Skógafoss waterfall and Reynisfjara, the black sand beach
- See Seljalandsfoss waterfall and stop at the Þorvaldseyri Volcano Museum
- Private guide for just you and your party ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
On the scenic journey there, pass through Skaftafell National Park. Stop at the cascading Seljalandsfoss waterfall and make a stop at the Þorvaldseyri Volcano museum.
Arrive at Jökulsárlón to take in the magnificent sights of this impressive natural wonder. Learn about its history, ecology and geology through your guide's informative commentary; the lagoon has existed since 1934 and is continuing to grow as large chunks of ice calve off the Vatnajokull glacier.
During the return trip to Reykjavik, stop off to visit Skógafoss waterfall and the black sand beach of Reynisfjara.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Boat rides on a Glacier Lagoon optional. (Not Private)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private Hire Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms