Explore our promoted experiences
- Golden Circle and Northern Lights tour from Reykjavik by Super Jeep
- Explore Iceland’s natural wonders in a 4x4 jeep, specially built to cope with rugged terrain
- Roam Thingvellir National Park to see ancient geological formations and the old Althing parliament site
- Visit the Gullfoss Waterfall and see the bubbling pools and Strokkur geyser at the Geysir geothermal field
- Go in search of the spectacular Northern Lights as darkness falls
- Tour the countryside away from light pollution and with luck, witness the magical lights
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and small-group atmosphere on a tour limited to six people
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
As you travel, hear from your guide about Iceland’s volcanic geology and perhaps use the flexible itinerary to adjust the times you spend at each site, according to your group’s wishes.
Stop first at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2004. Learn how the landscapes have been formed over millennia, and absorb the contrast between the lush green vegetation and rich, black ground. See Lake Thingvallavatn, Iceland’s largest natural lake, and stop at Althing, where the world’s first parliament met in AD 930.
Travel on to Geysir, a geothermal field of hot springs, steam vents and the remnants of an old volcano. Stroll around the boiling mud pools and view Strokkur; the geyser that shoots hot water high in the sky every few minutes.
Continue to Gullfoss Waterfall, whose name means ‘Golden Falls,’ a reference to the shimmering, multi-colored mists that can sometimes appear above the waters. Admire the waterfall, whose waters plunge into a canyon, and if the weather permits, get close to the cascades.
As dusk falls, begin your quest for the Northern Lights. Iceland is one of the world’s best places to see them, and your all-terrain 4x4 and knowledgeable guide will allow you to identify and access the best potential viewing sites.
On your search, hear how the lights appear when cosmic rays, solar wind, and magnetospheric plasma interact with the upper atmosphere. Make stops to survey the dark skies, and with luck, enjoy a sighting. The pulsating colors of the lights, usually green and blue, split the darkness and sometimes shine brighter than the moon.
Your tour finishes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Try Iceland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms