- Admire the black sand beaches of Reynisfjara in Vik
- Enjoy magnificent views as you drive past the Eyjafjallajökull and Mýrdalsjökull glaciers
- Includes hotel pickup and round-trip transport by private vehicle
- Ideal introduction to Iceland’s South Coast for first-time visitors or those short on time
- Learn about traditional Icelandic life at the Skógar Folk Museum
- See the Seljalandsfoss and Skógarfoss waterfalls
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Learn more about the region’s untamed landscapes and volcanoes at the LAVA Center and hear about the notorious 2010 eruption of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano with a visit to the Eyjafjallajökull visitor center. Then continue to another magnificent waterfall – Skógarfoss.
After capturing photos of the mighty falls, get a taste of traditional Icelandic life with a visit to the Folk Museum at Skógar, where highlights include the grass-roofed farmhouses and a huge collection of handicrafts. After passing the Mýrdalsjökull glacier, your final stop is in Vik, Iceland’s southernmost village. Explore the town, then pay a visit to Reynisfjara, where you can stroll the unusual black sand beaches and admire the natural sea arch of Dyrhólaey.
After an epic full-day adventure, sit back and enjoy the return journey to Reykjavik, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Dress according to weather
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private Hire Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms