- 5-hour cultural experience in Rarotonga, including village tour, buffet dinner, and overwater show
- Learn about the music, dance, and food of the Cook Islands culture
- 2-hour cultural tour of the village to learn about the Maori way of life
- Buffet dinner including island and western dishes, followed by an extensive dessert buffet
- Entertainment featuring ukelele, drumming, conch shell playing, and dancing
- Included glass of champagne
- Round-trip transportation from Rarotonga accommodations
Departure & Return
Te Vara Nui is easily found in the main road of Muri village. The guest carpark is on the opposite side of the road from Te Vara Nui Combo Extravaganza + Cultural Village tour - guests must check in between 4.30 - 4.45pm Over water Night Show & Buffet Dinner - check in is between 6.30pm - 6.45pm
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Travel to the cultural village, where you'll spend the next two hours touring in the company of local warriors. Learn about the native Maori culture, including tapa-making, fishing, tattooing, carving, and local medicine.
After the tour, you'll be led to the waterside dining room, where you'll sit down among tropical plants for a buffet of island and Western foods. During and after dinner, watch the talented Cook Islands performers as they play ukelele, drums, and conch. Watch as the dancers and performers showcase the traditional Maori movement and music.
Finish up with a dessert buffet and the chance to join the dancers on the floor and take photos.
Your night ends with drop-off back at your Rarotonga hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian and gluten free options available
- Seats are assigned by the office and will not be known in advance of the performance date
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transfers to/from Hotels must be pre-booked 24hrs beforehand.. these are to be booked directly with Te Vara Nui.. Pick up times will be given when you contact Te Vara Nui to book your transfer
- All guests are to reconfirm their booking and accommodation details 24 hours beforehand
- Beverages are additional
- Some walking is included on the Cultural tour - sensible footwear is recommended. Seating is available in most display huts and the walk is flat terrain.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please notify Te Vara Nui reception office prior to the night, if you request to be seated with specific guests. You will also need to advise the office if you intend bringing a wheelchair/baby buggy etc
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Te Vara Nui Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.