Explore our promoted experiences
- Cruise from Queenstown to Walter Peak and stroll through a rural New Zealand country farm on this pleasant half-day tour
- Board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw as it cruises beautiful Lake Wakatipu
- Enjoy a scrumptious morning or afternoon tea
- Help feed the sheep and watch the sheep dogs in action
Departure & Return
Please be sure to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure time to check in.
What To Expect
Departing Queenstown aboard the TSS Earnslaw, take in the views over sparkling Lake Wakatipu. Sing to favorite old tunes as you’re entertained by the onboard pianist, check out the ship’s original steam engines in operation since 1912, or visit the mini-museum for historical displays about the old steamer.
On arrival at the Walter Peak High Country Farm, enjoy morning or afternoon tea. Soak up the alpine surroundings as you meander through the lakeside gardens before a farmyard walking tour.
Your hosts introduce you to the sheep and other livestock including highland cattle, deer, and goats, and explain mustering practices during a sheepdog demonstration and admire the art of sheep shearing. Afterward, you’ll return across the lake to Queenstown aboard the TSS Earnslaw.
This South Island tourism operator was recognized at the 2007 New Zealand Tourism Industry Awards, winning the Conservation in Action Award and the Qualmark Mark of Quality Award.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY RealNZ
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands