Explore our promoted experiences
- Steamship tour from Queenstown
- Sail on a historic, coal-powered ship
- See Otago scenery from the water
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
Departure & Return
Please arrive 20 minutes before departure to check in.
What To Expect
You have time to explore the ship during the cruise, and don’t miss the chance to head below decks to the engine room, where stokers feed a roaring coal fire. Explore the small onboard museum that's located in the forecastle, or head to the TSS Earnslaw’s café, where snacks and drinks are available for purchase. There are also dramatic views of the mountains that surround the lake, which has a maximum depth of 1,250 feet (380 meters) before making the return trip across Lake Wakatipu to Queensland’s Steamer Wharf, where this tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY RealNZ
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands