Explore our promoted experiences
- Breathtaking 50-minute helicopter flight from Queenstown
- Views of Mount Aspiring and the mighty Rees and Dart River valleys
- Be surrounded by mountain peaks as your flight includes a snow landing
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Commentary from pilot
- Pickup and drop off from centrally located Queenstown hotels
Departure & Return
What To Expect
After pickup from your centrally located Queenstown hotel to the base, get settled aboard the helicopter and prepare for a spectacular round-trip flight with a snow landing on Jura Glacier. Your highly trained pilot has specific experience flying in New Zealand's alpine environment, and shares lively commentary on South Island landmarks throughout your 50-minute tour.
Taking off from the northern shores of Lake Wakatipu, you’ll see the rugged peaks of the Remarkables mountain range come into view. Flying high above Queenstown, you’re soon treated to the full glory of the Southern Alps en route to the glacial summit.
Step out onto Jura Glacier to soak up the panoramic views and admire the remote alpine landscape, crowned by the towering 9,950-foot (3,033-meter) Mt Aspiring (known in Maori as Tititea, translated as ‘Glistening Peak’).
Then climb back into the helicopter for the return flight, gliding smoothly over the picturesque valleys of the Rees and Dart rivers back to Queenstown, where you’re transferred to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures. Moderate fitness is required.
- The fleet consists predominately of European AS355 Twin Engine Squirrels (seats 06 passengers plus pilot). They are ideal aircraft for scenic flights, with an open plan cabin making for excellent views for all passengers. The Helicopter Line has the highest levels of Civil Aviation Authority certification for scenic helicopter operations, this involves regular monitoring and audit of all aspects of the operations.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Totally Tourism - The Helicopter Line
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands