7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Routeburn Track is one of the most beautiful—and popular—trails in New Zealand, a great gateway to the country’s mountain lakes, river valleys, waterfalls, and forests. With this tour, let someone else take care of driving to the trailhead and packing lunch, and head out on a moderately difficult portion of the trial that takes you to the western end of Lake Wakatipu.
- Walk a moderate fitness, one-way 4-mile (6.5-kilometer) trail to Lake Wakatipu
- Travel with a guide: don’t get lost on the trails
- Value: picnic lunch and afternoon tea are included
- Hassle-free, round-trip transportation from Queenstown
Saved to wishlist!
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
National Park fees
Afternoon tea & cookies
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Coffee and/or Tea
Lunch is not included, a stop is made at a local bakery for you to select a bread roll, wrap or salad.
Departure & Return
Location Name: Your Accommodations in Queenstown Return Location: Returns to original departure point
Departure PointYour Accommodations in Queenstown
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, bring rain jacket, additional layers of clothing, casual & practical, sturdy walking shoes or boots
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Private Discovery Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Full-Day Small-Group Routeburn Valley Walk?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-Day Small-Group Routeburn Valley Walk?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Full-Day Small-Group Routeburn Valley Walk
7 to 8 hours
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingQueenstownNature and Wildlife - South IslandWalking Tours - South IslandFull-day Tours - South IslandNature and Wildlife - WanakaWalking Tours - WanakaFull-day Tours - WanakaNature and Wildlife - AkaroaWalking Tours - AkaroaFull-day Tours - AkaroaCategory
Coronet Peak Tours & TicketsSkippers Canyon Tours & TicketsHollyford Track Tours & TicketsQueenstown Hill Tours & TicketsKawarau Suspension Bridge Tours & TicketsNevis Swing Tours & TicketsQueenstown Arts and Crafts Market Tours & TicketsOdyssey Sensory Maze Queenstown Tours & TicketsKiwi Birdlife Park Tours & TicketsUnderwater Observatory Tours & TicketsJack’s Point Golf Course Tours & Tickets