- Ride along the shores of Lake Wakatipu
- Hear fun facts about Queenstown’s history and attractions from your guide (2-hour tour only)
- Enjoy the fun and ease of riding your own eco-friendly Segway
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people allows for a more personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
After a 1 min drive or 10 min walk from town at the end of Lake Esplanade you come to a roundabout with 3 major exits and a dirt road exit. The dirt road exit has a sign to indicate the One Mile Powerhouse. Go up the road into the car park area to meet your guide.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After your guide demonstrates how to operate the Segway and outfits you with a helmet, take some time to practice steering and powering the easy controls. Once you’re comfortable, you’ll set off to explore Queenstown, following your guide in a small group toward Lake Wakatipu.
Stop at one or two scenic spots for photo ops and continue your 1-hour tour along the bay, or select a 2-hour tour that includes more terrain.
1-hour tour: Enjoy a basic overview of Queenstown and its stunning surroundings with a spin around Queenstown Bay, an inlet on Lake Wakatipu. Take in outstanding views of the Remarkables, Cecil Peak and Walter Peak looming just above the resort town as you ride from Earnslaw Park past St Omer Park, Marine Parade and the Queenstown Gardens.
2-hour tour:Put your skills to the test with another hour of fun on your eco-friendly Segway. Enjoy commentary from your guide as you cruise along the shoreline of Lake Wakatipu before you venture a bit out of Queenstown. You’ll glide up a hill or two — certainly more fun on a Segway than on foot — and glide through Queenstown Gardens to see botanical exhibits on display. On the return ride, you have the option to try out a higher speed setting to glide at a quicker pace.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum recommended age is 10 years
- Operates in most weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Please dress extra warm on cool days
- Jackets and gloves are available to use. In the event of heavy or continuous rain, or if you’re just concerned about the conditions, please call the number on your voucher an hour before your booking time to discuss options
- Maximum weight of 265lbs (120kgs). Minimum weight of 77lbs (35kgs)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Segway on Q
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands