7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See firsthand if Paradise Valley lives up to its name by prebooking this tour from Queenstown. Along with visiting movie locations used in Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, catch views of the Dart River and Mt. Aspiring National Park. Take a few optional hikes, explore a trail above Diamond Lake, and stop by a sheep-shearing farm. During this guided tour, you’ll also get to ride a 4WD off the beaten path to see the area used as Middle Earth in LOTR.
- Paradise Valley tour from Queensland
- Capture spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu, Diamond Lake, and Mt. Aspiring National Park
- See enchanting landscapes used as film locations for Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Coffee and/or Tea
Snacks, cookies & fresh fruit
Live commentary on board
Food and drinks, unless specified
Lunch, a stop is made at a local bakery for you to purchase a bread roll, wrap or salad.
Departure & Return
Departure PointQueenstown, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Private Discovery Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during Paradise Valley Full Day Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
Paradise Valley Full Day Tour
7 to 8 hours
12 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeSafarisExtremeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingQueenstown4WD Tours - South IslandSporting Events - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandSafaris - South IslandExtreme - South IslandFull-day Tours - South Island4WD Tours - WanakaSporting Events - WanakaNature and Wildlife - WanakaSafaris - WanakaExtreme - WanakaFull-day Tours - Wanaka4WD Tours - AkaroaSporting Events - AkaroaNature and Wildlife - AkaroaSafaris - AkaroaExtreme - AkaroaFull-day Tours - AkaroaCategory
Jack’s Point Golf Course Tours & TicketsCoronet Peak Tours & TicketsQueenstown Arts and Crafts Market Tours & TicketsQueenstown Hill Tours & TicketsHollyford Track Tours & TicketsOdyssey Sensory Maze Queenstown Tours & TicketsUnderwater Observatory Tours & TicketsSkippers Canyon Tours & TicketsNevis Swing Tours & TicketsKiwi Birdlife Park Tours & TicketsKawarau Suspension Bridge Tours & Tickets