- Milford Sound combo: scenic flight and tramping tour
- Fly round-trip over Fiordland National Park
- Hike part of the Milford Track to Giant Gate Falls
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included from Queenstown
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Pickup from your hotel or self-drive to the base hangar (address on confirmation voucher) Address: 39 Lucas Place Dates: Daily (1st November - 30th April) Return point: Return to same departure location
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The route takes you over the magnificent landscapes of Fiordland National Park, with majestic views of mountain lakes and waterfalls. Listen to your pilot's narration before landing at Milford Sound. On arrival, you're greeted by your guide and transferred to a ferry boat that whisks you away to the Milford Track.
Then set off to explore a section of one of New Zealand's most famed Great Walks. It's a gentle 1.5- to 2-hour hike to the Giant Gate Falls, located near the end of the typically 4-day route. After a provided lunch and time to gaze at the grandeur of this spectacular cascade, walk back to the end of the track where you'll be transferred to a nearby airstrip.
Here, re-board your aircraft for the scenic flight back to Queenstown, followed by a ground transfer with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Milford Sound Scenic Flights
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands