5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Shoot the rapids on the Shotover River on this half-day tour from Queenstown, a great choice for thrill seekers. Under the supervision of a guide, you'll brave the wild rapids, raft through the Oxenbridge Tunnel, and drop into the Cascade Rapid. Instruction and all necessary equipment (wetsuit, life jacket, spray jacket, booties, helmet) are included.
- Shoot the rapids on New Zealand's Shotover River
- Use of wetsuit, life jacket, spray jacket, booties, helmet
- Hot showers available post-adventure
- Pickup and drop-off at a centrally located meeting point
Saved to wishlist!
White water rafting down the Shotover River
Safety briefing, professional guides
All necessary equipment- wetsuit, life jacket, spray jacket, booties, helmet
Courtesy coach transfers from centrally located meeting point
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
37 Camp Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Checkin at Go Orange/RealNZ
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- It is essential that all parties are confident swimmers and comfortable in deep water.
- If you are pregnant you cannot participate on this experience and if you do so without notifying the Go Orange guides of your conditions you do so at your own risk
- If a traveller wishes to discontinue with the rafting experience during the trip, the traveller is liable for all costs associated with removing them from the river. This term is void if a medical or natural emergency arises and evacuation is required.
- Minimum age - 13 years.
- Weight restrictions - 40 kg to 120kg (weighing maybe required upon check-in).
- Under 18 years - Guardian conditions apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Suitable for water competent people of moderate fitness.
- People with a heart condition or taking heart medication are unable to participate.
- Trips are weather, river level and/or water temperature dependent.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Challenge Rafting
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "This is a great recreational ride with only a couple really exciting rapids." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Shotover River Rafting Trip from Queenstown
4 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 15 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
ExtremeRaftingWhite Water Rafting Water SportsOutdoor ActivitiesQueenstownExtreme - South IslandRafting - South IslandWhite Water Rafting - South IslandExtreme - WanakaRafting - WanakaWhite Water Rafting - WanakaExtreme - AkaroaRafting - AkaroaWhite Water Rafting - AkaroaCategory
Jack’s Point Golf Course Tours & TicketsCoronet Peak Tours & TicketsHollyford Track Tours & TicketsQueenstown Hill Tours & TicketsNevis Swing Tours & TicketsQueenstown Arts and Crafts Market Tours & TicketsOdyssey Sensory Maze Queenstown Tours & TicketsSkippers Canyon Tours & TicketsKiwi Birdlife Park Tours & TicketsKawarau Suspension Bridge Tours & TicketsUnderwater Observatory Tours & Tickets