- Sea and sky Milford Sound tour from Queenstown
- Travel by sightseeing plane and catamaran
- See native wildlife in a pristine environment
- Choice of multiple departure times
- Lunch (midday departure only) and drinks served on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Queenstown
Departure & Return
Air Milford have free parking out the front of our base.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Board a catamaran boat for a cruise on Milford Sound: with room for 150 passengers, the catamaran is smaller than many Milford Sound boats, so you can get closer to the cliff walls and waterfalls, including the spectacular Stirling Falls. Wilderness guides are available during the cruise, and you’re welcome to head to the bridge of the boat to meet the skipper and get a captain’s view of the dramatic fjord. Keep your eyes on the water throughout the tour, as it’s common to see fur seals, dolphins, and many kinds of birds along the way, and the rare, Fjordland crested penguin can be spotted in spring and autumn. Lunch (midday departure only), coffee, tea, soda, beer, and wine are served during the cruise.
Following the Milford Sound cruise, meet the pilot for the return flight to Queenstown, with spectacular views of the landscape in the constantly changing light. This tour concludes with drop-off at your Queenstown hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Do not forget to bring a jacket and your camera
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Infant rates apply for 0 - 1 years of age, when the infant is sat on a parents lap, with an infant lap belt
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Air Milford
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Half-Day Milford Sound Nature Cruise and Flight from Queenstown.