- Enjoy round-trip flights from Queenstown to Milford Sound
- Live on-board commentary ensures you don’t miss anything
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Air Milford have free parking out site their base.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Listen to your pilot’s on-board commentary as you soar over the Paradise region, made famous in films such as Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, then fly above the vast Skippers Canyon and the glittering Donne glacier. Enjoy spectacular aerial views of Milford Sound as you come in to land at the edge of the fjord.
Your pilot will escort you to the boat docks for the second part of your adventure—a cruise around Milford Sound. Marvel at the dramatic UNESCO-listed landscapes as you cruise around the fjord and look out for wildlife such as fur seals, dolphins, and Fiordland crested penguins. Along the way, spot natural wonders like the 525-foot (160-meter) high Bowen Falls, the striking hanging valley of Sinbad Gully, and the snow-capped peak of Mitre Peak, one of New Zealand’s most photographed landmarks.
At the end of your cruise, return to the airfield for your return flight and enjoy an alternative route, passing over the Fiordland National Park and taking in dramatic views of the 1,904-foot (580-meter) high Sutherland Falls.
On arrival back in Queenstown, a driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Do not forget to bring a jacket and your camera
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Infant rates apply for 0 - 1 years of age, when the infant is sat on a parents lap, with an infant lap belt
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Air Milford
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Half-Day Milford Sound Flight and Cruise from Queenstown.
- "With unpredictable weather, this trip isn't 100% confirmed until 15 minutes before departure, which doesn't really provide enough time to find alternate same-day options last minute, especially since the drive is so much longer." See review