- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mount Aspiring National Park on this exhilarating tour
- Follow your guide on your funyak canoe and discover hidden streams and rock pools
- Soak up the park’s incredible countryside scenery—featured as Middle-earth in 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in the great outdoors
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please check-in with the Dart River team located inside The Station Building, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown at 8.15am
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After a safety briefing, put on your wetsuit and booties, lifejacket, fleece, and a dry bag. Then climb aboard the jet boat and prepare for a wild ride as you zoom at top speed through the water while listening to commentary about your surroundings.
In a secluded stretch of the Dart River, swap the jet boat for your funyak, which seats up to three people. Float downstream as you paddle peacefully over the shimmering turquoise water, following behind your guide in a flotilla. Explore secret side streams, rock pools, and chasms before stopping for a picnic lunch in the great outdoors. Soak up the stunning wilderness and then continue your funyak adventure after lunch. Keep an eye out for red deer, yellow-crowned parakeets, and other wildlife.
After your tour, hop back into your coach and relax on the return journey to Queenstown.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum height is 3.3 feet (1 meter)
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please dress appropriately: bring swimwear, a towel and warm clothes
- Please bring sunscreen and insect repellent
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Dart River Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "A good lunch with lots of options and plenty to eat and a good team supporting the day" See review