7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Dunedin is a city full of culture and history and also conveniently close to wildlife reserves and unspoilt nature. See both sides of the city in one day on this small-group tour. Take in the central sights, such as the Railway Station and the steepest street in the world, Baldwin Street. Stroll through the manicured gardens of Larnach Castle on the way to the Otago Peninsula, home to albatross, seals, penguins, and sea lions.
- Handy for cruise ship passengers, with pickup and drop-off at Port Chalmers
- Enjoy a comprehensive overview of Dunedin’s cultural and natural highlights
- Spot a variety of native wildlife in their habitats on the Otago Peninsula
- Optional tour of the interior of Larnach Castle, New Zealand’s only castle!
Saved to wishlist!
Port pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Upon disembarking your ship make your way inside the Visitor Terminal on the pier. Go to the rear of the building and look for door two, which is where all independent tour operators will be waiting. There will be two large digital screens showing the various tour companies and their departure times. Go through door two to locate your guide. Your driver will be holding a sign with "Back to Nature Tours" on it.
- Port Chalmers Wharf, 19 Beach Street, Port Chalmers, Dunedin 9023, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The CRUISE SHIP SCHEDULE in Dunedin can often change, if this happens please make your way to the meeting point as soon as the ship berths to receive instruction - the tour will still go ahead no matter what time the ship arrives.
- If your ship changes the CRUISE SHIP SCHEDULE we will change the itinerary to suit - the tour will still go ahead no matter what happens
- A small amount of walking is involved (expect to walk 500 meters at Penguin reserve)
- Two forms of ID is required to get back inside the port: your cruise ship card and driver’s license or passport would be sufficient.
- If your ship is unable to make it into port due to weather or mechanical difficulties, you will be given a full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Back to Nature Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Dunedin and Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour with Optional Larnach Castle Visit?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Dunedin and Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour with Optional Larnach Castle Visit?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "We very much recommend this tour and this tour guide" See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPort ChalmersShore Excursions - South IslandBus Tours - South IslandPorts of Call Tours - South IslandFull-day Tours - South IslandCategory