- See Dunedin's city center attractions on a sightseeing coach
- Admire Otago University, the Botanical Gardens, beautiful homes and other historic buildings
- Enjoy a guided tour of Olveston House
- Experience wonderful views of Otago Peninsula & Harbour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Dunedin Port Address: Dunedin Port Directions: Your Cruise Ship will come into Port Chalmers. Once you disembark, all passengers must make their way to the private hire area in the cruise ship pavilion which is well sign posted. Please wait for a "Good Company Tours" representative, they will direct you to the "Good Company" buses which will be departing from outside the Visitor Centre. Please get there around 9:45am for a 10:00am departure. Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point at approximately 2pm
What To Expect
Join your guide, and hear commentary detailing Dunedin’s history as you motor around the hilly city, overlooking the Otago Peninsula. Pass by Baldwin Street, considered the world's steepest street, the University of Otago, the neoclassical Dunedin Town Hall, and Renaissance Revival–style Dunedin Railway Station as well as opulent banks, theaters and 19th-century edifices.
Then, tour the highlights of Olveston Historic Home on a guided tour of the 35-room mansion and gardens. A docent reveals the history behind this enchanting time capsule of one of Dunedin’s wealthy merchant families. Built in a Jacobean style, Olveston is decorated with original fine art and furniture collected by the home's wealthy owners.
Admire the gorgeous Dunedin Botanical Garden before the return drive to the Dunedin port.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Should your cruise ship timetable be indicating that you will be berthing in Dunedin (Port Chalmers) at 10am or later, this does not preclude you from booking these tour options. The timetable will simply be altered to align with the cruise ships arrival time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.