Don’t worry—here are some similar options
4 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the Marlborough wine region in a special way with a private group tour that lets you choose your own adventure. Your local and knowledgeable chauffeur guides you from Picton port through the scenic Wairu Valley to Marlborough’s wine tasting region, on a tour tailored for you. Visit local wineries with wine tasting, gourmet snacks and chocolate treats all included. This flexible tour allows you to choose the journey and can include attractions such as a visit to local galleries, beautiful gardens, and tasting delicious boutique chocolate at Makana Confections.
- It's just your group and your guide on this private tour
- Take your time exploring the area: this tour can be half a day or slightly longer
- This tour is accessible for wheelchair users
- Ideal for cruise ships and other visitors: departs from and returns to Picton port
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Convenient complimentary bus shuttle to your tour vehicle and back to ship
Basic wine tasting fees
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Lunch at own cost due to varying appetites
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Also watch out for us as you get off the bus at the Picton I Site Steps. Also we will have signboard with your name. Turn left off bus and follow blue line to the Centre.
- Picton i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, The Foreshore, Picton 7220, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Cut off time for booking has been set for 4 hours prior to tour departure. Due to advance bookings being required for additional activities. However booking is flexible up to an hour prior to tour departure.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Your tour guide provides an 11 seat vehicle for these smaller private groups of 7 up to a maximum of 11.
- Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Picton Port for your ship’s departure. In the extreme unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Pamela March Trading As Your Local Chauffeur
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Shore Excursion: Explore Marlborough from Picton?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Shore Excursion: Explore Marlborough from Picton?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Shore Excursion: Explore Marlborough from Picton?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Shore Excursion: Explore Marlborough from Picton?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Shore Excursion: Explore Marlborough from Picton
4 to 6 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursBus ToursWine TastingsPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPictonShore Excursions - South IslandFood Tours - South IslandBus Tours - South IslandWine Tastings - South IslandPorts of Call Tours - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandShore Excursions - WellingtonFood Tours - WellingtonBus Tours - WellingtonWine Tastings - WellingtonPorts of Call Tours - WellingtonHalf-day Tours - WellingtonShore Excursions - Tongariro National ParkFood Tours - Tongariro National ParkBus Tours - Tongariro National ParkWine Tastings - Tongariro National ParkPorts of Call Tours - Tongariro National ParkHalf-day Tours - Tongariro National ParkCategory