- 3.5-hour Marlborough Sound sightseeing and seafood cruise, from Picton
- Glide through Queen Charlotte Sound and listen to the captain's informative commentary on the region
- Includes samples of fresh local seafood paired with a glass of Marlborough sauvignon blanc wine
- Get clear views of the Sound's gorgeous scenery
- Look for wildlife like seals, dolphins, and penguins
Departure & Return
MV Mantra is docked at Town Wharf 6 at Picton Marina. This is at the east end of the Picton waterfront, near the private vessel marina. There is a carpark nearby. OR, pop into our Cougar Line Office right on the waterfront - Corner of London Quay and Wellington Street in Picton.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get comfortable on one of the outdoor decks or in the cabin, which has booth seats with tables, and lounge areas. Take in sweeping views of the the scenic waterways of the Sound as your captain takes you to salmon and mussel farms along the route. The crew serves up samples of fresh seafood from local sources (typically steamed greenshell mussels, king salmon and Cloudy Bay clams) accompanied by a glass of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc wine.
Hear informative commentary about the region from your captain during the cruise, and keep an eye out for possible sightings of wildlife such as penguins, dolphins and seals.
A range of light snacks, hot tea and coffee, Marlborough wines, beer, juice, and bottled water are available for purchase on board.
Your 3.5-hour tour ends with return to the Picton Marina in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Check in for your cruise is 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Marlborough Tour Company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Seafood Odyssea Marlborough Sounds Cruise from Picton.
- "I would recommend this tour to everyone, no matter what the weather" See review