5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Access Motuara Island, a haven for some of New Zealand’s most vulnerable bird life. Enjoy a boat ride from Picton through the Marlborough Sounds with live commentary on board, then explore the island on your own. Look for rare birds (and well-known native favorites), see native bush flourishing, and relish the peace of the island.
- Explore the island at your own pace, without the pressure of a tour
- Spot the wildlife: Motuara Island is home to blue penguins, saddlebacks, robins, and more
- Pick up from and drop off to waterfront resorts and accomodation available
- Relax on the boat, then exercise by walking around the island
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Food and drinks (available for purchase on some cruises)
Departure & Return
London Quay, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late arrival
- The duration of activity is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and weather conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - rain jacket and walking shoes required
- If, in the very rare event that this activity is canceled due to extreme weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- PLEASE NOTE: There are lavatories available for use on the boat, but not on the island.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cougar Line
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during Early Bird Eco Cruise?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Compare Similar Experiences
Early Bird Eco Cruise
1 hour 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Water ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPictonWater Tours - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandWater Tours - WellingtonHalf-day Tours - WellingtonWater Tours - Tongariro National ParkHalf-day Tours - Tongariro National ParkCategory