3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Benefit from the wildlife-spotting skills of marine biologists on this small-group ecotour from the Picton waterfront. You’ll cruise to Motuara Island, a bird sanctuary in the Marlborough Sounds, and search the sheltered waters for wild dolphins along the way. See rare seabirds, marine mammals, and endangered land birds protected in their natural environment.
- Cruise the calm waters of the Marlborough Sounds from Picton
- Visit predator-free Motuara Island with marine biologists as guides
- Look for South Island saddlebacks, king shags, and New Zealand pigeons
- Small-group tour includes light refreshments and live commentary
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
National Park fees
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Picton , Picton, Picton, Marlborough Region, South IslandThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY E-Ko New Zealand Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Bird Watching and Dolphin Eco-Tour from Picton?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Bird Watching and Dolphin Eco-Tour from Picton?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Bird Watching and Dolphin Eco-Tour from Picton?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Bird Watching and Dolphin Eco-Tour from Picton
3 to 4 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Catamaran Cruises Nature and WildlifeWater ToursEco ToursHalf-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingPictonCatamaran Cruises - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandWater Tours - South IslandEco Tours - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandCatamaran Cruises - WellingtonNature and Wildlife - WellingtonWater Tours - WellingtonEco Tours - WellingtonHalf-day Tours - WellingtonCatamaran Cruises - Tongariro National ParkNature and Wildlife - Tongariro National ParkWater Tours - Tongariro National ParkEco Tours - Tongariro National ParkHalf-day Tours - Tongariro National ParkCategory